NEPCon's Sourcing Legal Timber 2.0 Conference | 15 March 2018 | Woking
"It’s been almost five years since the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR) came into force and things are looking quite different to how they did then. Enforcement authorities are stepping up their game all over Europe, a lot of new information and tools are available from all kinds of sources and FLEGT licensed timber is now available on the market," explain the organisers.
"Nonetheless, living up to the EUTR requirements is still a challenge for companies across Europe. Therefore NEPCon would like to offer the industry, authorities as well as other stakeholders the opportunity to participate in a free international conference on 15th of March near London."
The event is designed to shed light on a wide set of key issues in the Timber Trade Industry such as:
- avoid common due diligence pitfalls
- gain access to insights on key risks and how to deal with them
- understand how the enforcement authorities evaluate your performance
- understand how conducting quality due diligence makes good business sense
- communicate about FLEGT-licensed timber
- promote companies' compliance
- gain an overview of the vast jungle of free info and tools available and how to use them
- plan for future sourcing
- understand how technological advances in timber traceability and verification can help improve the efficiency and credibility of due diligence systems
- connect and exchange experiences with timber-related companies, trade associations, technical experts and relevant organisations from across Europe
To register for the event, complete the online form here.
For any queries, you can contact Ann Weddle on email@example.com or +44 7491 812337.
View the event on CTI Industry Calendar.