FSC Friday 2016 ready to kick off worldwide | 30 September 2016
FSC Friday is fast approaching and hundreds of companies and organizations around the world have already joined the Campaign.
The event - scheduled for Friday 30 September 2016 - features a series of events around the world to celebrate and raise awareness of responsible forest management and the role that FSC plays in it.
FSC Certificate holders, members, partners and... common people can show their support for FSC Friday by joining the FSC Friday Thunderclap. Thunderclap supporters will automatically post the message “Help take care of forests. Choose FSC for responsibly-sourced products! #FSCFriday http://thndr.me/TRu0BP” to their Facebook and/or Twitter profile(s) on FSC Friday.
Below a list events already in the FSC Friday Calendar:
- Long-standing FSC Friday supporters, Snows Timber will organize an ad hoc event to help merchants promote certified timber
- St Gregory’s Catholic Primary School will be holding a public awareness raising event and running an FSC competition.
- Border Oak and Construction are set to complete forest pledges and provide cakes as part of an internal awareness raising event
- Llanvihangel Crucorney Primary School will be educating pupils about FSC
- Good Wood Home Designs started celebrations early at the Cornwall Home & Lifestyle Show and will be following up with in-store promotions on the day
FSC UK is celebrating too through two events - a promotional stall at a local primary school - and a treasure hunt and talk in a FSC certified forest.
Last year, FSC Friday was celebrated by 31 countries across the world including the UK, where over 45 businesses, schools and groups took part by holding awareness raising events, ranging from dressing green and baking cakes to holding presentations and talks.
To receive free materials and goodies for your event, or any specific information, email [email protected]. For some ideas and inspiration click here. A "celebration events map" is available here.
View other events on CTI Calendar.